There is something primal and satisfying about producing your own loaf of bread.
From the selection of flours and the texture of the dough, to the vigour of the yeast, the size and shape of the loaf and the final deliciousness of super fresh, still warm bread from the oven.
Baking a great loaf of bread is a challenge, it is an achievement, sometimes it doesn’t turn out the way you expect it to, but it is your bread and the more practiced you become, the easier you will find the process and the better the loaf will be.
This pre-recorded online course allows you to make your bread in your own time. It takes you step by step through the yeasted bread making process, explaining the ingredients, methods and techniques for great results. Helping you produce top quality beautiful bread that will have you bursting with pride and satisfaction!
By the end of this bread course you will be able to make a great loaf of bread and know:
- What equipment is essential and what can be improvised
- Which flours are the best to use and why
- The different yeasts and how to use them
- What liquids to use and the quantities needed
- How salt works in a dough and how much to use
- Other ingredients that can be added to bread and the best way to do this
- How to mix and knead your dough, different techniques depending on the dough you’re producing.
- Fermenting your dough, what’s happening in the process, how long to leave it and how to knock it back.
- Shaping your dough into basic loaves or rolls
- Different slashes and coatings to dress your loaves
- How to bake the loaves, temperatures and timings
- How to tell when a loaf is cooked, how to cool and store it.
That’s a long list, so sign up now and let’s get started!