This is a really quick and easy dish to make and only uses 1 large pan. The most important thing is not to over cook the fish or it will be dry and rubbery.
Sea Bass with Chorizo
2 small sweet potatoes – cut into cubes
2 red onions – sliced
1 red pepper – cut into cubes
1/4 butternut squash – cut into cubes
1/2 chorizo sausage – sliced
a good handful kale or spinach – roughly chopped
4 fillets sea bass
1 tin chopped tomatoes
drizzle of rapeseed oil
- Heat the oil in a large sautee pan and fry the chorizo vegetables EXCEPT the kale/spinach for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer with the lid off to reduce the liquid in the pan by half. Finish cooking with the lid on for about 15 min or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Add the kale/spinach and stir through.
- Season the fillets of fish and lay over the top of the vegetable mix skin side down. Cover the pan and allow the fish to steam for 8 – 10 min. It will be opaque and flake easily when done.
- Serve with a crisp green salad.