A really easy way to serve peppers. Because they are roasted in the oven, the juices from the peppers and tomatoes reduce and flavours intesify. Eat them hot or cold, on their own or great with a steak!
1/2 to 1 red pepper per person – depending whether you’re serving them on their own or as an accompaniment
1/4 of a tomato per pepper half
1 anchovy per pepper half cut up into 3 or 4 pieces
Olive oil and black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds and white pith.
- Put 1 tsp pesto, 1/4 tomato and an anchovy into each pepper half
- Put the peppers into a shallow roasting tin and cook for 1/2 to 3/4 hour or until starting to char around the edges.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.