Larger Groups & Team Building
Bring your friends, family or team together with a group cooking day
Tutor: Jenny Thomson
A group cooking day gets everyone laughing, talking and working together to make a meal to share and be proud of. It can be structured to create different challenges or be completely informal and is tailored to your ideas and needs.
- Great for Hen or Stag parties, large family get togethers, team building and office days out.
- Groups of 4 to 12 people
- 1/2 Day duration – usually about 3 1/2 hours
- Demonstrations and recipe sheets are given
- All ingredients & use of aprons are included
- Dates and venue are organised to suit.
To give you some ideas, past events have included:
- ‘Middle Eastern Mezze’ for 12, held in Falkland. A team building event, this involved splitting the group into four teams of three. Skills used included time planning, problem solving, improvisation, organisation, coaching, communication, negotiation and presentation to create and serve 2 different menus around Middle Eastern dishes.
- ‘Curries’ for 6, held in Kirkcaldy. A Christmas day out for a group of colleagues. Working individually and in pairs, along side starters and accompaniments, everyone made a different curry to share for lunch.
- ‘Masterchef Challenge’ for 4, held at Courses for Cooks kitchen, 2 couples, created two different three course, dinner party style menus using similar ingredients. Skills and tuition included filleting fish, using gelatine and creating tuille biscuit garnishes.
Please contact us to enquire about this event.